How to Use Draft Analysis Command for Plastic Molds in SOLIDWORKS
Another Tech-Tip from our i GET IT Subject Matter Expert on the use of the Draft Analysis command in SOLIDWORKS. The Draft Analysis command allows you to see if a model contains the required draft geometry to reliably eject from its mold. This Tech-Tip is from our latest i GET IT course on Mold Design Training Courses for SOLIDWORKS – i GET IT (myigetit.com).
Activate the Draft Analysis command from the Mold Tools command manager, or search for the command to activate it.
Select a plane to define the Direction of Pull. The direction will be normal the selected plane.
Define the Draft Angle required for the model to easily release from its mold.
Click OK to apply the analyzation.
- Toggle Reverse Direction to swap positive and negative faces.
- Use the Adjustment Triad to adjust the draft angle if desired.
- Toggle Face Classification to view the number of faces for each draft classification.
- You can also Hide/Show the faces for a given classification.
- Once analysis is complete use the legend in the lower-right corner to keep track of drafted faces.
About i GET IT
i GET IT is our Tata Technologies learning solution designed to teach engineers how to better use today’s leading MCAD applications and design skills. For more tech tips and in-depth eLearning for SOLIDWORKS, including this and new courses on other design solutions, please visit https://www.myigetit.com to explore more information. You can Sign up Now! to get FREE Subscription of our Newsletter and there are subscription plans to get access and start your upskilling journey! If you should have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for help.