What is Teamcenter (and why you should get it on the Cloud)
Teamcenter is one of the most widely used PLM programs in the world. If you drive a car, the chances are good that its development was managed in Teamcenter. From the Siemens Teamcenter website:
Teamcenter® software is a modern, adaptable product lifecycle management (PLM) system that connects people and processes, across functional silos, with a digital thread for innovation. The unmatched breadth and depth of the Teamcenter portfolio mean that you can solve more of the tough challenges required to develop highly successful products. From the easy, intuitive Teamcenter user interface, people across the organization can take part in the product development process more easily than ever before.
Teamcenter has been used for many years by some of the world’s leading companies, but it generally took a significant investment in software, hardware and infrastructure. This has been changing the last several years with the advent of cloud technologies and SaaS (software as a service) licensing models… which brings me to my main topic:
The cloud is changing PLM for many companies where PLM technologies were previously out of reach.
- AWS & Azure are both certified, secure platforms for PLM. Siemens has tested and certified Teamcenter for both of these cloud platforms. In fact, Siemens is currently using AWS to host its own Teamcenter X SaaS offering.
- Scalable – Teamcenter scales and performs well on the AWS and Azure IaaS platforms. Teamcenter can be deployed in a cloud environment for only a few users, but can be scaled for several thousand concurrent Active Workspace users.
- Lower startup costs – With the Teamcenter X SaaS offering, there are zero infrastructure costs, and greatly reduced upfront software costs.
- Rapid to deploy / Faster time to value – It is now possible to be up and running within two weeks.
- IaaS or SaaS – Use the Cloud as your own infrastructure, or take of advantage of Teamcenter X which is already a SaaS cloud option.
- Modern Active Workspace interface – works the way people are used to navigating websites and web applications. If you can browse Amazon’s shopping experience, you can use Teamcenter’s latest Active Workspace user interface.
Here is a Siemens infographic to further illustrate some of my points above:
As a Siemens Digital Industries Software Platinum Partner for more than twenty years, Tata Technologies is a Teamcenter Smart Expert which means we are Siemens certified and customer validated as having the experience and expertise to ensure a smooth Teamcenter deployment and experience. Email us at Siemens.NA@tatatechnologies.com for a Teamcenter consultation.