CATIA Mold and Tool Design
|Increase Competitiveness Through Integrated Mold & Tool Design|
The pressure on mold and tool-makers is relentless. Time is always of the essence, and as cycle times reduce, further demands are made. Mold & tool production that took 4 months last year is now demanded in 3 months this year. And so it goes on. Even when a part design is delivered late, the completion target for the mold or tool often remains unchanged
With these ever decreasing design-to-manufacturing cycle times and increasing complexity of the parts to be produced, toolmakers need to maximize the efficiency of the complete mold and tool design process
To do this toolmakers need to be able to:
- Accelerate the design of molds & tools and ensure that that can produce the most complex of parts, reliably and to the required cost and quality targets.
- Simulate, early in the design process, and compensate for the effect of deformation introduced by the manufacturing process such as material shrinkage, warping or spring-back.
- Respond quickly to change requests – whether through late changes to the design of the part to be produced, or the need to address problems found during the manufacturing process itself.
To addresses these challenges, the CATIA Mold & Tool design solution from Dassault Systèmes provides comprehensive and fully integrated capabilities specifically developed to meet the needs of mold and tool designers. These capabilities include the following features:
- Rapid design of molds and tools
- Process specific mold & tool design capabilities such as semi-automatic creation of parting surfaces, mold cores, cavities, runners, lifters and inserts.
- Faster and safer design of complex tool assemblies through ‘smart’ components and standardized resources that embed custom behavior.
- Advanced simulation & validation: Simulate the part forming process in order to quickly and accurately compensate for material deformation.
- Integrated change management – Quickly identify the impact of a part change on the mold or tool, with full associativity between the part the mold and tool forming surfaces so that design changes can be propagated to the mold & tool designs.
Many leading companies have gained significant competitive advantage through these capabilities, with typical benefits being:
• Improved the whole mold & tool design process time by 70%.
• Achieved time savings of 30% across the initial mold design process.
• Reduced the time for manufacturability analysis from DAYS to hours
• Accelerated mold core & cavity design by 70 %.
Tata Technologies can help you get set up with CATIA Mold and Tooling.
To see how Tata Technologies can help your organization, visit our website www.tatatechnologies.com.
Or contact us for a demonstration.
Send us an email Marketing.NA@tatatechnologies.com