What’s new in Fe-Safe 2019 release
In this series of ‘what’s new in 2019” release we will highlight new features in standalone fe-safe as well as in durability apps of 3D Experience platform. General enhancements as well as specific enhancements in fe-safe/rubber are included.
Durability roles in 3D EXPERIENCE Platform
- Fatigue specialist role in 3D EXPERIENCE Platform is now available in 2019 GA though it was introduced in 2017x FD05. Perhaps one of the most interesting feature of any role on the platform is its “look and feel” apart from robust functionality behind the scene. Here is how latest fatigue specialist role looks like. The durability app is integrated into structural and mechanical scenario apps. Moreover, unlike standalone Fe-Safe, it is possible to visualize 3D model while creating scenario for durability in 3DX. Structural analysis case job and durability case job can be launched simultaneously from user interface.
- Fatigue Loading: Number of complex loading scenarios are supported on the platform since 2018x release. These include superposition, sequence of stress or stress-strain frames, mean stress correction etc.
- Dynamic case supported: There was enough requirement to support durability simulation for dynamic events. Durability cases of FEA can now be used to define loading on the platform.
- Surface finish: The Kt factor can be defined directly as a surface finish.
- Cloud: The role is now available both on premise as well as on cloud.
- Material properties/algorithms: Now include cast iron, SN curve definition, eN curve definition as well as constant amplitude endurance limit. The algorithms now include finite life, infinite life as well as stress based and strain-based algorithms.
Enhancements in standalone Fe-Safe
- Weld fatigue enhancement: No need to have perfectly structured meshes in region below the weld line nodes through the thickness for the calculation of nodal forces and structural stress. However, element faces should be present on the crack surface.
- Integration of Tosca, Abaqus and Fe-Safe verity for the optimization of chassis sheet thickness with multiple seam welds.
- Groups and sets created within Fe-Safe are now written out in the Fe-Safe ODB file.
- A new algorithm called Prismatic Hull infinite life method was introduced in 2018xFD01 that is now available in 2019xGA.
- Interpolation engine in Fe-safe Rubber: Abaqus Rubber models are computationally extensive and take long time to solve. In many situations full duty cycle takes long time to solve in abaqus. Now user can break up duty cycle in standard series of load combination levels. When imported in Fe-Safe rubber, solver can make interpolations to approximate full duty cycle stresses from standard series of stresses.
To see how Tata Technologies can help your organization, visit our website www.tatatechnologies.com.
Or contact us for a demonstration.
Send us an email Marketing.NA@tatatechnologies.com