Teamcenter Rapid Start – Get your engineering data under control
Does your engineering organization struggle with the following challenges?
- Crucial engineering data in several different systems resulting in disconnected information
- Manual processes that rely on human intervention
- Multi CAD environment requiring translations and inefficient transactions
- Lack of visibility of data for downstream consumers
If these challenges are something you face everyday, then you probably have considered a Product Data Management (PDM) system. This will store all your data in a single repository and help with automating workflows. But buying and implementing a PDM system seems costly and time consuming; how are you going to get started?
Teamcenter Rapid Start is the answer to all these questions. It is a preconfigured installation of Teamcenter with the following features:
- By using preconfigured templates, the system is simple and fast to deploy
- Best in class industry configurations to support engineering processes
- Included training allowing users to quickly become familiar with the system
- An implementation can be up and running to full productivity in two weeks
Lets have a look at all the components that make up a Teamcenter Rapid Start installation:
Multi-CAD and ECAD data management – Find, reuse and share data across a multi-CAD design chain
Teamcenter Rapid Start Multi-CAD data management capabilities enables you to effectively and efficiently manage, control and share MCAD data across the entire design and supply chain. Regardless of the CAD tools used, this environment provides you with a single view of product data as well as engineering processes and status. Teamcenter visualization extends this into an even more collaborative environment. Teamcenter handles all major CAD systems including NX, Solidworks, CATIA V5 and Autodesk Inventor.
Document management – Create and manage documents in conjunction with product development
Teamcenter Rapid Start includes standardized document management features so you can create and manage documents in conjunction with PDM processes and data.
Related documents are associated with products, and you can synchronize the attributes between documents and PDM.
Teamcenter Rapid Start delivers a standard integration with Microsoft Office to extend the scope and coverage to the desktops of numerous professionals and users outside of the Engineering department. This includes the managed creation and update of Technical Publications, process sheets, Customer Requirements, manufacturing set-ups, test specifications, and many other Document Management applications.
Simple process management – Preconfigured processes like design release and change, based on PDM best practices
Teamcenter Rapid Start provides you with basic workflow capabilities to streamline product development by automating and synchronizing processes. You can:
- – Review, comment and approve/reject parts and documents
- – Capture and audit date and timestamp information
- – Manage cross-functional review teams (notifications, quorums, etc.)
- – Automate vital business processes and reduce manual intervention
Preconfigured roles and functionality – Start quickly with best practices to automate everyday tasks across the business
Teamcenter Rapid Start offers preconfigured groups and roles with appropriate access permissions to simplify common tasks.
- – The standard set of roles support the tasks done every day in an organization
- – For example — start a new project, issue an ECO or review a design
- – These tasks are easily started using a number of shortcut links in the “I Want to” area of the user interface.
Further, the tasks are automated by ‘Wizards’ to make them smooth and natural, and consistently repeatable in operation for reliable, efficient processes.
Teamcenter Rapid Start can get you up and running with PDM quickly by offering:
- A single installation process for server and client results in in a fully configured environment ready to use
- Standard organization and roles, preconfigured database, workflows, reports, security model, … so you have the capabilities you need as soon as you complete the installation
- Ongoing updates and support are simple, fast and effective
The other huge advantage of Teamcenter Rapid Start is that it offers a seamless path to complete PLM – supported by Teamcenter, the industry leader in PLM systems.
Contact us today to learn more about Teamcenter Rapid Start and get started with improved data management.