Tangent Selection in Inventor 2017 R2
Autodesk Inventor now includes a new selection filter. It can be accessed the same way as many of the other selection filters using the “right-click” menu in Inventor. Let’s look at an example and the associated steps and results:
- Set “Faces and Edges” as your selection filter. This is typically the default while editing individual components.
- Select a face, right click, and pick “Select Tangencies.”
- Perform an operation (such as changing color) to all the faces at the same time.
Use the selection set of tangent faces to:
- Delete the selection set with Delete Faces.
- Assign an appearance to the selection set.
- Add or remove thickness to faces, or create an offset surface from a part face with the Thicken/Offset command.
- Copy a set of faces from one component to another (handy for tooling development)
The “Select Tangencies” option can also be used to select a continuous set of tangent edges on a component.
Use the selection set of tangent edges to:
- Fillet or chamfer the preselected edges.
- Review or check for tangency conditions or closed loops.